- I boiled up a dozen eggs yesterday for snacks or lunch.
- Black bean tacos with fresh pico and avocado will do for a couple of dinners - I heat up corn tortillas in a non-stick pan to make them crispy (I don't even use Pam and they come out great).
- Instead of using my yummy La Tortilla Factory low calorie wraps for lunch lately, I've been substituting romaine lettuce leaves - I make up my chicken salad using the canned chicken and have several "boats" of chicken. Fresh and really tasty - I may stick to this even when I'm not trying to lose weight. Which I am, at the moment. (have I mentioned that? lol)
- Lots of fruit, of course - I have no problem getting that in. And this week, the watermelon is mine, all mine!!!
- Veggies, however, are more of a challenge for me unless I'm having a big salad, or grilling them. I just get lazy. So to combat that, I bought a bag of baby carrots, broke up a head of cauliflower into florets, and got some hummus to entice myself into having veggies as an afternoon snack. I'm trying to replace some of my fruit with raw vegetables. It went pretty well last week - I'm not in the habit, yet, of automatically reaching for carrots over cherries, but having everything prepared and front and center in the fridge helps.
- Not pictured is the bottle of Athlete's Honey Milk that I drink every day on the way home from the pool, or the container of Fage with fruit yogurt and the quarter cup of granola that I have for breakfast. I made another batch of the granola yesterday so I'm set for a couple of weeks now.
So the keyword for me, again this week, is patience. Just keep doing the next right thing, which in my case is eating good healthy whole foods for the majority of the time (sno cones and frozen yogurt are in the minority), keep up with exercising, and believe that this is all doing something to help me lose weight. It is, right? Right???