- My muscles were sore - almost as sore as when I was a new runner! I guess that makes sense, and it also made me feel good, like I am getting myself conditioned for when I start running again. This week, though, most of the soreness is gone - woohoo!
- Walking, no matter how fast I make my short legs go, is slow. It was a bit disconcerting when Ricky Bobby chimed at 3 miles and I saw 48 minutes showing - had I been running, I would have had 4 miles, easily, in that time.
- I thought I was walking pretty fast (trying to get my cardio on) by myself, but when Jenny and I walked together on Thursday, we zipped along, which is pretty incredible considering we were also talking about 90 miles an hour! And the fact that we were going to have Red Mango when we were finished had nothing to do with our speed...nothing at all! ;)
- No matter how much peppy music I have on my iPod, I still like walking with another person best. Although on Sunday? After Jeff ran for 30 minutes (no that didn't kill me to watch, not one bit) and then joined me for the rest of my walk, we both had our music playing and were singing along to different songs at the same time (the park was deserted - no one but the squirrels and deer to hear us)...it became a little like battle of the bands. I don't think either of us was the winner, though - let's just say that American Idol will not be knocking down our door for us to audition anytime soon.
- I nearly kicked my ankle on Sunday. When I caught myself, I glanced at Ricky Bobby to see how far I was into the walk - 3.68 miles - so that confirms what I suspected...my form gets sloppy when I get a little tired.
- Speaking of my ankle, I am a little aware of it. Not that walking hurts it; more like it's acting all cranky-like...similar to a small child being woken up from a nap. Fussy, but then it gets over it, if that makes sense. Not hurting enough to stop walking - I'm of the mindset that I'm strengthening it. Yep. That's what I'm doing...and don't let that toddler of an ankle tell you anything else.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Wednesday Workout Update
I have turned into a walking fool and it feels good! I logged nearly 12 miles last week, with my longest walk on Sunday being 4.25 miles. Couple of things that I've noticed: