- Meet with a nutritionist (I believe I can do this through my health plan) and go over my food intake, which leads to:
- Track my food intake and keep daily calories to 800 - 1000, with emphasis on protein and fiber (unless the nutritionist recommends otherwise).
- "Shake It Thursdays" - this means that I will drink my NutriMed 420 shakes and have my favorite 300 calorie garden veggie pita from Pita Pit for lunch, for a total intake on this day only of approx. 620 calories. Thursdays are my crazy busy days - I work from 9 to 6, then go to a meeting at 7:30, and I finally make it home for the night around 9 pm. It's just easier to not have to mess with trying to eat full meals on this day.
- I will not eat baked goods - I have too many opportunities at work (hellooo, cakelady!) with receptions, open houses and fundraisers, and if I just mentally know that these are not an option, then there will be no opportunity for overindulgence.
- Get back to taking a multi-vitamin every day.
- Increase my exercise, which won't be hard at this point, seeing as I have not been doing my Wii Fit or riding my bike lately, which also leads to:
- Choosing a tiny bit of exercise (walking) over a great parking space.
- Read "Refuse to Regain" this month - even though I'm not at my goal weight, I don't want to go backwards at this point...which also leads to:
- Get to my goal weight by my birthday (June 2) - oh, and finally figure out what my goal weight is...150? 130? I really don't know right now.
- There is no #10...9 is enough!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Year!
You know, I don't normally make New Year's resolutions...for one, I don't like to commit (what if I change my mind?!?); I also believe that you can make a fresh start anytime - like May 14, 2008, for example. But, since all the cool kids are doing it (i.e. diet bloggers everywhere), I decided to join in.