- Don't compare your weight loss to others. Just because you are a turtle and they are a rabbit doesn't mean there's anything wrong with how you are doing it, because you ARE doing it.
- Don't compare your goal weight to others, even if they are the same height as you - body composition and muscle mass make us all different.
- Don't actually believe that those skinny bloggers who post pictures of themselves with huge plates of inappropriate diet food (i.e. spaghetti, garlic bread, huge burgers and fries, frozen yogurt smothered in a ton of candy toppings) actually EAT all of that and still maintain their skinny frames. No how, no way - not buying it. A bite or three, but there is no way that exercise will offset all of that.
- Don't forget that exercise is a way of life now. And while you might have started off on a smaller level, you have to keep it stepped up if you want to maintain that calorie-burning muscle.
- Do appreciate what you have now, even if it's not quite where you want to be. Because it's way better than three years ago, right?
Monday, July 18, 2011
Personal Pep Talk
(Does anyone else do this?)