Oh wait, here's one thing I can show, because I ended up ripping it out:
It looks like a lot, but this was just one evening's worth of TV watching and knitting.
This was a baby bonnet - yes, a soft aqua blue for a girl - to go with a sweater I'd already knitted. I liked the pattern, but I didn't like how it was turning out with this particular yarn, which is a cotton/rayon combo - it was too floppy. So I unraveled the entire thing and found a different pattern, and I'm finished with the new bonnet and love it! Of course I can't show it to you because I still need to make the i-cord ties; I should have it all done by next week. This was the first baby bonnet I've made and I have to say, it's pretty cute.
Instead of showing you finished knitting projects, I'll show you before-and-afters of my yarn organization. I save leftover yarn - a hat for an adult usually leaves me with a decent amount of yarn remaining, so I've been tossing it into jars and bins, intending to use it for other projects. It was getting out of hand, these leftovers, and it came to a head when I wanted to knit the girl and boy baby hats using those bits of leftover yarn - finding all the colors of the same weight yarn took longer than it should have. I also have been worried about the morning sun coming through my windows and bleaching out my yarn; I have too much pretty yarn to let the sun ruin it. It was time to hid everything in bins, but first, I forced myself to dump everything out and get it organized. Three episodes of the podcast S-Town later, I was done - whew! Here's the before shots:
Before - I kept pushing the yarn in the exposed cubbies toward the back, but the sun was still getting to it - and the reason I liked having the yarn on display was that it was so pretty, but it really wasn't being shown off nicely anymore.
Inside the bins was a mess of yarn...
Partway through getting everything sorted, combined (leftover DK weight in one bag, cotton in another) and labeled (I'm especially proud of myself for taking the time to do this).
And here's the after shot:
Everything is put away neatly, in a new set of bins that I ordered from Target. Except that I didn't order enough, so my sock yarn in the top two cubbies is still waiting to be sorted.
Sorted and binned according to yarn weight and type - it might look messy, but there's a method to my madness.
My favorites - mostly Madelinetosh, Malabrigo, and a little bit of Anzula yarn in here.
In case you were wondering, Henry was fascinated by what I was doing:
...or maybe he was just mad that I wouldn't let him come inside, haha.
This was something that I've needed to do for quite a while now; I'm glad I finally got it done. Also, S-Town - what the heck?!? I haven't finished listening to all the episodes, but wowza. I need to find another project so I can find out what happened!
Paco's day was made yesterday when he got to go visit his old bestie, Ginger:
Happy, happy dogs!
It was so cute to see them playing together again - Ginger is the only dog who Paco has ever been good with; no growling or fighting - just friendship.
They ran and ran...and then they were kinda done. You can tell that they aren't young pups anymore - back in the olden days, they would chase and run around for a long time before pooping out! Minutes after coming home, this was Paco's state:
We have some fun stuff planned for the weekend, and because it's feeling like a long holiday weekend with the Fourth of July falling on Tuesday, I'm taking Monday off from blogging - Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans, and to everyone, I'll see you on Wednesday!
Have a great weekend!