- The BCS Half Marathon! You know, that little race we've been training for since July? December 14 is the big day!
- The day after the race - we'll have our end-of-season medal dinner for the running club, where everyone can rehash their race story and proudly show off their finisher's medal. This will also mean the end of my tenure as organizer for running club. While it's been a good experience, I will be glad to not have to do so much planning - I can simply run...ahhh, the freedom!
- Our oldest will come home from North Carolina for a two-week visit, and just in time for him to spectate us at the half marathon (lucky kid!). It will be nice to have my entire family under one roof for a while.
- Of course, our annual Gingerbread House Decorating Throwdown will happen - an epic contest that, despite my best efforts, I've lost more often than I've won, but we have a blast no matter the outcome.
- Christmas day - presents! Yarn?? Who knows...but it's always fun. Plus I've got a nice surprise gift for Jeff that I can't wait for him to open.
So yes, there will be indulgences, but I feel OK with being discerning about what I choose to eat, considering the upset stomach that will probably come with those treats. I'd like to romanticize the past and say that I used to be fine eating whatever I wanted back when I was overweight, but truth be told, I lived on Prilosec...heartburn was a constant with me. I'd rather enjoy the company and the event and not take home stomach upset; hopefully I will remember this before eating too many pieces of fudge, or toffee, or pumpkin bread, or...well, you get the point.