- When did beef get to be so expensive? $4.29 a pound for stew meat?!? Damn. I haven't bought meat in a long time, obviously.
- I have to work on keeping a calmer face when people ask to see several items at the jewelry store and then BUY THEM ALL. The first time, a guy looked at three charms and then said "I'll take them" - I was like "ALL of them???" By the time a lady looked at and bought three different pairs of earrings, I was much more nonchalant. Inside, though, I was all, dang!
- I do admire people who can decide, just like that, on gifts. Takes me longer, plus you know I have to find the best deal.
- Last year it did not bother me to stand for four or five hours. This year? Different story, and it's not just my post-surgery ankle that's aching, it's both feet and legs. What's changed? I'm not training for a half marathon. Apparently all those miles each week gave me stamina for a sales job. Who knew???
- One year ago on this date, I ran my first half marathon. So far, it's been my only half marathon. I miss the body that came with that kind of training.
- I've started my Christmas decorating. One thing I've realized, is that if I don't do it when the mood strikes, it doesn't get done. So the tree is up (I know, crazy, but please see previous sentence) and my pictures are swapped out. Hey, it's a start!
- Beginning with the beef stew I made yesterday, I will cook more in the next week than I have in the last six months. What a concept, this "cooking" thing.
Shockingly, I remembered how to chop vegetables!
Annnd, we have beef stew!
Dis for me, right?