How to take an ice bath:
- Fill the bathtub halfway with cold water.
- Inch your way into it, still wearing running clothes (it somehow seems easier, everyone agrees).
- Once you get used to it (ha! relative term), add a bag of ice.
- Alternate sips of hot coffee and recovery protein drink while posting on facebook using iTouch (try not to drop it into bath).
- If you live in Texas, it's still warm enough that the ice will melt pretty quickly. When this occurs, add second bag of ice to the now colder water.
- Force self to stay in for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Drain tub, peel off dripping wet clothes, dry off and put on every layer of clothing you own, including wool socks.
- Crawl into bed.