Let me just get this out of the way first: I NEVER, EVER, IN A MILLION YEARS, thought that I would miss my regular workouts. But it's true and I do. Let me also state that it is rather boring doing weights and other strengthening exercises by myself. I am terrible company! I realize that I have become rather spoiled, being able to go to my little classes with a great group of people, and doing a workout based on whatever my trainer has designed for that day or week. I miss the camaraderie, and I miss the accountability and encouragement. Having this time off has made me really grateful that we are able to fit the cost of my workouts into our budget. I am not very happy doing this on my own. Monday, January 4th can't come soon enough for me!
That said, I am not really behind in my workouts. To recap, last week I did my regular M/T/W workouts with Brad, took Thursday and Friday off (like I always do, as I work those days, although I was off for the holiday), then got all motivated to go running (thanks to my new gear) on Saturday. So my exercise has gone like this:
- Saturday - Running about a mile
- Sunday - Running about a mile and a half, plus walking at least another mile
- Monday - Off (my legs were surprisingly sore)
- Tuesday - Jump rope, push ups, MizFit's plie squats, chest press and Arnold curls using old weights and weight bench in our very cold garage
- Wednesday - Similar to Tuesday, unless the rain stops...then maybe a run or bike ride
- Thursday - Run?
- Friday - Run?
It's not bad, and I'm feeling a little soreness in my arms, which means to me that I pushed myself enough doing the weights. But except for running with Max (who jogs backwards, talks to me, leaps around and does crazy things to keep me going), my exercise has been bo-ring! Oh well. At least I'm doing it, which is really amazing, considering this is ME, sloth of all sloths, after all!