To answer a few commenters:
- I agree, my glasses are now too big for my face and I will be making an eye appointment in the next couple of months to rectify the situation. Plus, it's past time for bifocals, if ya know what I mean!
- My husband, Jeff, is pretty thrilled with my weight loss, although he thinks my boobs have disappeared. Due to the fact that I still have to wear two bras while working out, I tend to disagree with him.
- My kids haven't seen me in person since July, so I think they will be pleasantly surprised when they come home for Thanksgiving next week...at least for the first hour - then it will be all about the home cooking!
- Camevil, where are the balloons and male strippers?
- Fran, I did get myself a gift - stay tuned for Friday's post to see what it is!
This Wednesday Workout Update should be subtitled "Why in the Heck Am I Still So Sore?!?" Seriously, I do not understand how I can go for weeks with only minor soreness - you know, the kind that lets you know you worked out, but are not practically crippled when it comes to everyday tasks like standing up or sitting down. Major ouchies again this week! However, I do have some positives to report - I've been running on the treadmill every workout - not as much as I did when Linda was training me, but today I did half a mile with no trouble, so that should be telling me to step it up a notch and get back up to running a mile. Which I haven't done since before Maui...mostly because Linda hasn't been there to spur me on.
On the extremely sore muscles issue, I
The other thing I've been dealing with is a bit of knee pain - both of 'em. Really? Now?!? After I've lost so much weight? Don't know what's up with that, but I talked with the Monday cardio trainer, Andreas, about getting some glucosamine, and he recommended fish oil instead for the joints. Then Brad seconded that opinion, and the guy at GNC thirded it - so I have finally started taking the fish oil caplets that I wrote about in the memorable-for-an-earworm post, Fish Heads. I meant to get these earlier, but instead elected to spend that money on coconut gelato in Maui. Oh well, better late than never, right? So we'll see if the knee pain goes away.
Last, guess who I had lunch with today? The one, the only, the much-missed LINDA!!!
Things are finally settling down with regard to her mother - she recovered from her surgery and started chemo this week. Linda was even able to go back to her own workout yesterday, but she was actually moving worse than me, poor thing! I know how she feels! Anyway, it was SO GREAT to see her and catch up - I've been having withdrawls...you can't go from seeing someone three times a week for eight months to nothing! Hopefully she will be able to come back to training my group soon - with her encouragement, I feel like I am capable of doing so much and I need that! Plus she is just so much fun to be around - truly a positive person who brightens up my day!